LucaStarr's Blog

Welcome to the imagination of someone who is not you.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poem #1

Do you see me?
I often wonder if you do
Or if the me you see reflects the person I am
Or hope I am.
Do you still see me through starry eyes?
Or has the magic I wove tattered, leaving my naked flesh bare
Like a baby ejected from the womb?
Am I even that pure?

If I saw me, would I laugh or cry
Or simply close my eyes?
Sometimes I think I'd shake the me that I see
Or walk away.
What does that mean?
Is it natural to cringe when faced with your own reflection?
If not, then what is wrong with me?
If so, then what is wrong with you
That you should love the face you see staring back at you?
Your approval sends shivers into the depths of my soul I never knew existed
Let alone felt.
How do you not question the who you are as I question the who I am?
Did you're mother raise you right?
Did mine?
Raise me right?
Is there a question there?
I don't know.
Is that an answer?

No comments: